Two Crews - 12 day Expedition at Philmont:
- Monday, August 6, 2012 – Saturday, August 18, 2012
Cost is $740/person + travel expenses
Scouts will also need money for a couple meals during
travel and souvenirs
Training camp-outs are required and scouts will be
charged per Troop 494 standard camp-out fees.
Personal Equipment, such as backpack (can be rented at
Philmont) and hiking boots, will be required.
Training Hikes upcoming:
- Wednesday - June 13, 7pm at Tamarack
- Sunday - June 17, 7pm location TBD
- Wednesday - June 20, 7pm location TBD
- Friday - Sunday, June 22 - 24, Willow River State Park troop camp out
- Wednesday - June 27, 7pm location TBD
- Sunday - July 1, 7pm location TBD
- Wednesday - July 4 NO TRAINING HIKE
- Sunday - July 8, 7pm location TBD
- Wednesday - July 11, 7pm location TBD
- Saturday - Saturday, July 14 - 21, Tomahawk summer camp
- Wednesday - July 25, 7pm location TBD
- Sunday - July 29, 7pm location TBD (Mandatory - final prep discussions)
- Wednesday - August 1, 7pm FINAL Prep Hike
- Saturday - August 4, 7am MSP Airport!!!!
REMINDER: Bring your training log on all training hikes to fill out and have initialed by your crew leader or an adult leader.
Happy Feet: TREK 29 (See 2012_Crew_Itinerary_Summary)
Adults: Mike Cerney, Rick Rausch, Andrew Clarke and Jay Rausch
Adam Cerney - Crew Leader
Flocka Turtles: TREK 26 (See 2012_Crew_Itinerary_Summary)
Adults: Jeff Abel, Martin Jokinen and Tim Willard
Sam Willard - Crew Leader
Travel Information and Itinerary:
- Depart Saturday, August 4 - Depart MSP 8:11am
- Saturday, August 4 - spend night in Denver
- Sunday, August 5 - depart for Philmont Scout Reservation at 6am, spend night at Philmont base camp
- Monday, August 6 - 12 day Expedition begins
- Friday, August 17 - Return to base camp for final night
- Saturday, August 18 - Expedition ends after breakfast, depart for Denver at 9am
- Return Saturday, August 18 - Depart Denver 5:45pm
Payment Schedule (does not include travel expenses):
Expenses (air and ground transportation):
- Due upon travel reservations payment schedule – Final payment due June 30, 2012.
- Estimated travel expenses is $500. This includes airfare, ground transportation and two additional nights lodging
Philmont Expedition Fee includes: All meals while at Philmont, tents, cooking gear, program resources,
camper's insurance, leader's kits, medical care, chaplain service,
use of horses and burros (optional), Philmont patch.
Philmont Scout Ranch is located in Cimarron, New Mexico. The crews will be flying into Denver, CO, spending the day and one night in Denver and then head to Philmont via ground transportation arranged by troop.
Crew size is 12 maximum and 7 minimum participants. With 2 crews, we have room for 24 scouts and adults to attend in 2012.
- Kick-off meeting minutes from December 13, 2011 (see below for attachment)
- Planning meeting on February 21, 2012
- Trek Planning - March 4, 2012
- Trip Planning - Tuesday, June 12, 2012
information - Philmont Camping and Adventure website is http://www.philmontscoutranch.org/Camping.aspx
For additional information on Trek Selections: http://philmontscoutranch.org/Camping/TrekPlanning/TrekSelection.aspx
See Attached Documents for more details